Noxilizer’s Customer and Technical Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing standard and advanced customer service solutions related to installation and validation of new sterilizer systems, planned and corrective maintenance of installed systems distributed or supported by Noxilizer, Inc. Noxilizer’s customers range from Fortune 500 pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies to start-ups that are located in the US, Europe and Asia. The Service Engineer will provide on-site support for customers in the US and Europe, as well as communicate with contract service organizations that provide service to Noxilizer sterilizer installations outside the US. In addition, they will also support the equipment in Noxilizer’s microbiology lab located in Hanover, MD. The Service group will add additional staff this year.
Field Service Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Associate degree with seven or greater (7+) years related work experience in Medical Device, Medical Device
- Schedule and perform the installation, operation, planned maintenance, repair, and revision or upgrade of determined systems
- Maintain and service Noxilizer microbiology lab equipment
- Provide phone and other support to customers and deliver quick response (<60 minutes)
- Manage customer expectations on a regular basis before, during and after required interaction to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide important feedback/suggestions for design improvement
- Manage all determined responsibilities, including compliance and documentation requirements
- Performs and follows determined Good Documentation Practices (GDP) standards on planned, corrective and other maintenance records and/or on equipment
- Complete all assigned training and documentation requirements within assigned due dates
- Performs any and all other duties assigned by management as needed and directed
- Based at the corporate office location (Hanover, MD)
- 30% domestic and international travel
Field Service Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree with seven or greater (7+) years related work experience in Medical Device, Medical Device Manufacturing or High School diploma with ten or greater (10+) years’ work experience in customer support, customer relationship and technical service support.
- Preferred: Four (4) year Bachelor of Science degree in electronics, technology, computer science, electrical engineering and/or related major.
- Experience in writing/following standard operating procedures and regulations (examples including: Quality Systems (Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA), Internal Audits, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), and Good Documentation Practices (GDP))
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Must be willing and able to travel periodically overnight nationally and internationally as needed (this will decrease as the Service team grows).
- Self-motivated and self-directed, work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets and the Microsoft Office Suite
Noxilizer is fast-growing medical technology company that provides ultra-low temperature nitrogen dioxide sterilization that offers many benefits over traditional sterilization methods. Our customers are the leading global pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies developing the next generation of products. Noxilizer products and services include: feasibility studies, consulting, sterilization equipment, consumable product line, and customer and technical service. Noxilizer’s headquarters are in Hanover, MD and has offices in Japan.