The senior microbiologist is responsible for performing, documenting and reporting microbiological sterilization studies for Noxilizer’s customers. Noxilizer’s customers range from Fortune 500 pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies to start-ups that are located in the US, Europe and Asia. These studies are the first critical step in the customer’s evaluation of nitrogen dioxide sterilization and their product, as well as an important revenue-generating area for the company. The senior microbiologist will join a high-performing team of microbiology and material compatibility experts to solve sterilization challenges.
Senior Microbiologist Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform microbiological studies and actively participate in support of customer sterilization process development and validation.
- Prepare reports and data updates as written documents or presentations and interact with Noxilizer’s customers.
- Prepare documents for data entry, collect and analyze data, and maintain a detailed laboratory notebook.
- Perform basic laboratory tasks such as:
- Weighing/measuring samples
- Perform assays
- Perform routine equipment operation, calibration and maintenance
- Preparation of sterile solutions
- Evaluation of growth media
- Laboratory cleaning and maintenance
- Follow all company policies, Federal, State and local regulations and policies for Safety, Health and Environmental compliance.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by laboratory management.
Senior Microbiologist Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineer, Material Science or related field preferred.
- At least 6 years of laboratory experience preferred.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to read, understand and follow written laboratory procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office software
Noxilizer is fast-growing medical technology company that provides ultra-low temperature nitrogen dioxide sterilization that offers many benefits over traditional sterilization methods. Our customers are the leading global pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies developing the next generation of products. Noxilizer products and services include: feasibility studies, consulting, sterilization equipment, consumable product line, and customer and technical service. Noxilizer’s headquarters are in Hanover, MD and has offices in Japan.